Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Product Review: BabyGanics Lavender Bubble Bath and Foaming Shampoo & Body Wash





I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. I had intended to do an awesome Mother's Day post, but guess what- I was sick. On Mother's Day. Yes. sigh. My hubby did the best to make it count anyway. I was surprised by a bouquet of flowers on the dining room table, and then he took me to get the hammock I was longing for, only for me to pick out a new lounge chair instead. Then we had Mexican take-out for dinner...plus a mucho necesito Margarita at the bar. So, it was a lot better than it could've been, despite my crankiness from feeling like poop. It was such a nice day out too. I'm feeling much better now, just a little achy and congested. 

Since I didn't focus much on cooking anything new and spectacular, I am presenting you with another product review. I finally decided to try BabyGanics® body products, which have been highly recommended to me by several people and have gotten low toxicity ratings on EWG's Skin Deep websiteThey happened to be on sale one day when I was at Babies R Us and in the market for a restock on body products for Lily, so I picked up two bodywashes (one in lavender and one unscented), one bubble bath, one bug spray and one sunscreen.

The first thing we tried was the lavender Soothing Bubble Bath & Body Wash. It smelled really nice, very subtle and soothing, just as the product described. It made a decent amount of bubbles (not as bubbly as these!), but I had to use more than two squirts as recommended. I had to use about five squirts, and our tub is a pretty standard sized tub. We also went through them pretty quickly, which was disappointing. Additionally, I also liked that Lily didn't have a residue feeling on her skin after she rinsed off, as some bubble baths tend to leave. Her skin was silky soft and scented with the delicate perfume of lavender...mmm...

Please don't judge the filthy tiles. I'll get to it, I swear.

See how much bubble bath has already been used after just less than 3 weeks?

The lavender Soothing Foaming Shampoo & Bodywash is wonderful, though! Five stars for sure! It smells AMAZING and a little bit goes a LONG way. I thought the applicator was kind of weird at first, but now I see that it's good at keeping water out and balancing the bottle upright. If your kid is like mine, they tend to drop their bodywashes in the water and then the water gets inside the bottle, making it watery too. It also suds up very nicely from plant-based sources rather than sulfates. 

The weird-looking spout helps keep water out and the bottle standing upright

More about these products:
  • tear-free
  • paraben-free
  • non-toxic
  • plant-based ingredients
  • never tested on animals
  • no synthetics
  • no phthalates
  • no mineral oil
  • petroleum-free
  • sulfate-free
The one thing I found misleading about this product is the fact that it's called "BabyGanics", which to me implies that the product is organic. No where on the ingredients is anything labeled as organic. I visited their website and no where there does it say anything about being organic either. Maybe it's just me, but I truly thought that the name implied their product being organic, but apparently not. No biggie, but I wonder if that has been a peeve with anyone else. 

I haven't tried the bug spray yet, and have only used the sunscreen a few times so far, so I will let you all know how that goes later (so far so good! It's also award-winning according to website)


Stay tuned for some tasty treats coming soon and this month's Up-and-Coming Blog of the Month next week! Hopefully I can keep my act together and not let being sick or anything else keep me down!



Note: I was not paid or asked to write this review, I did it by my own accord. Do you know a great product I should review, or a product you’re curious about but afraid to try? Let me know in the comments! Just please suggest a natural, organic, eco-friendly, or health or food-related product so it will at least coincide with my blog’s theme, thanks!

Linking up today with:










mop it up mondays

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by and trying to follow me on GFC. I just checked and I can see it on my end. Hope nothing is wrong. It's on right hand side under email subscriptions. Hope this helps. Love to have you as a follower. Love for you to link up on Friday too! You have some great products I'd be interested in. Following you now! Thanks so much!

    julie@ naptime review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following now! For some odd reason the GFC tool was not showing up on my end. That has happened to me before...weird google-related glitch, I guess. Thanks for following back and congrats on breaking 200 followers!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica
    What a great site. I would love to try these. Im a huge Lavender person so I enjoy finding new products with Lavender in it. Even for the kiddies. Most interested in the sun spray though :)
    Thanks for stopping by, returning the favor :)
    Snowies

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the Naptime Review. I am a mother of three devoted to health and fitness . . . with a green edge . . . always looking for organic and natural alternative for the family :) Thanks for the review. Please stop by www.caveprincess.com !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! New follower from Naptime Review. We love BabyGanics at our house :) If you visit my blog & enjoy it, I'd love a follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do any of the Babyganics products include anything that starts with 'methyl'? I read somewhere that one of them did... and I read that 'methyl' stuff may cause cancer, so am avoiding it. Just wondering, I can't find list of ingredients for them anywhere. Are the body wash and the bubble bath similar ingredients? Thanks for your hard work!! (and who doesn't have dirty tiles?) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...